Many thanks to Jane Maddin, who posted this game
to the Guide Mailing List! I've also heard this game called "Crows
Nest" and "Battleship".
- Equipment: None
- Category: Large space required
- Age: 5 and Up
- Number: Any number
- Source: A Brownie Pack with Black Forest District,
The girls assemble in the center of the gym. The commands and actions are
- Captain's Coming - all line up, stand at attention
- Bow - run to the 'front' of the gym.
- Stern - run to the 'back' of the gym.
- Port - facing the 'front' of the gym, port is the
left wall. Run to port.
- Starboard - facing the 'front' of the gym, starboard
is the right wall. Run to starboard.
- Man overboard - lie on back and swim
- Submarines - lie on back and stick on leg straight
up. (for the periscope)
- Man the Lifeboats - find a partner, sit together,
- Torpedoes - lie on tummy, with hands together over
head to give a stream lined look. One person (usually a leader) does
the calling and the girls rush around performing the actions, which are
mixed up and used more than once. Once everyone knows the rules it is not a
problem to join in as you go.
to Back Pocket Games Part 1
to Main Games Menu