(From Peace in the Classroom by Hetty Adams, 1994,
Thanks to Doris Cavallin for posting this great idea
to the Guiding Mailing List!
Objective: To demonstrate that
differences among people make the world a more interesting place.
Divide into four groups. Give two groups construction
paper in a selection of colors. Give the other two groups paper of one colour
only. (No crayons, markers, etc. are allowed) Have each group make a flower
garden, using only the paper it has been given. When the flowers have been cut
out, have the girls glue them onto the heavy paper. When the groups are
finished, display the gardens for all to see.
- a variety of coloured construction paper (one sheet
- four poster boards
- scissors, glue (for four groups)
- Which gardens do you like best? Why?
- Look around the room. Do you see anyone with exactly
the same hair colour as yours?
- Hold your arm next to the arm of the person beside
you. Are you skin shades the same?
- What would the world be like if everyone looked the
Self-Esteem and Teambuilding Page
Guiding Resource Centre Main Menu