All My Life's a Circle
(source: "Rise Up Singing", Peter Blood and Annie Patterson,
by Harry Chapin
All my life's a circle, sunrise and sundown
- The moon rolls through the night time
- Till the day break comes around
- All my life's a circle, but I can't tell you why
- The seasons spinning round again
- The years keep rolling by.
It seems like I've been here before, I can't remember when
- But I got this funny feeling
- That we'll all be together again
- There's no straight lines that make up my life
- And all my roads have bends
- There's no clear cut beginnings, and so far no dead ends.
I've found you a thousand times, I guess you've done the
- But then we'll lose each other
- It's just like children's games
- As I see you here again, the thought runs through my
- Our friendships like a circle,
- Let's go round one more time.