I'se the B'y
- I'se the b'y that builds the boat
- And I'se the b'y that sails her!
- I'se the b'y that catches the fish
- And takes ‘em home to Lizer.
- Hip yer partner, Sally Tibbo!
- Hip yer partner, Sally Brown!
- Fogo, Twillingate, Moreton's Harbour,
- All around the circle.
- Sods and rinds to cover yer flake
- Cake and tea for supper,
- Cod-fish in the spring o' the year
- Fried in maggoty butter.
I don't want your maggoty fish,
- That's no good for winter,
- I could buy as good as that
- Down in Bonavista.
I took Lizer to a dance,
- And faith but she could travel
- And every step that she did take
- Was up to her knees in gravel.