I learned this game at a Facilitator's Training in
South Wellington Division, which was run by Nina Stubbs and Janice Monahan.
This game is great for a small group of adults who have
come together for a training or meeting. Ask each person to pour themselves a
small handful of Smarties. Then from their handful, ask them to put aside a
candy with each of their three most favourite colour. Once everyone has chosen
their colours, put up a poster with the following questions on it:
Then go around the group and have each person tell the
group their answers for each of their three coloured Smarties.
- Red: If you were a girl member,
what is your favourite memory? If not, what got you involved in Guiding as
- Yellow: What do you
enjoy most about being a Guider?
- Purple: Tell us a little about your family.
- Green: Tell us a little about your hobbies and
interests outside of Guiding.
- Blue: Tell us a little about your work (past or
present) or schooling.
- Orange: Is there anything you've never done, but
would like to try someday?
- Brown: What do you enjoy most about the age group
you're currently working with?
- Pink: If you could go anywhere in the world for
free, where would you go?
Note: we used Smarties instead of M&M's because in
their manufacture, M&M's have most probably come in contact with peanuts at
Return to Icebreaking Games
to Main Games Menu