The Girl Scout Parent's Law
Thanks very, very much to Liz Rivera for posting this to the WAGGGS-L Mailing List! I am seriously thinking of modifying this for Guides and performing it with the parents of my girls.
Instructions: Give each parent a copy of one law in an envelope, with a number on the envelope front. Instruct them to read the laws in order (#1 first, followed by #2...), and not to open the envelope until it was their turn. Remember to stress that the law each parent reads does not reflect a message for that parent personally-they were for all parents, and were handed out randomly.
Leader: Girls, please join me in the Girl Scout Promise (lead promise with girls).
Parents, please repeat the Girl Scout Parent Promise after me:
On my honour, I will try,
To encourage and support my Girl Scout Daughter,
To help her troop at all times,
To obey the Girl Scout Parent Law.
Parents, would you please read the Girl Scout Parent's Law:
1. A Girl Scout Parent understands the true purpose of Girl Scouting.
2. A Girl Scout Parent gets their daughter to and from meetings on time.
3. A Girl Scout Parent knows a troop is a team effort.
4. A Girl Scout Parent sees the job through to the end.
5. A Girl Scout Parent sets a good example at all times.
6. A Girl Scout Parent is enthusiastic and cheerful.
7. A Girl Scout Parent does not consider the leader a baby sitter.
8. A Girl Scout Parent brings troop problems to the leader first.
9. A Girl Scout Parent always does his or her part willingly.
10. A Girl Scout Parent is aware that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
Return to Guiding History, Ceremonies and Readings Page
Becky's Guiding Resource Centre Main Menu